Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rain, Rain , Waiting on Snow




On Friday February 27, 2009 the first meeting of the Friday farmhands took place. We were planning on getting some work done but the weather had other ideas. This gave us some time for planning. We have a list of things we want to plant now- early spring. We also have a list of spring tasks that need to be done at our next Friday meeting. I plan on trying to post the lists on the blog but because of my limited Internet capabilities due to my slow dial-up connection it might be next week before I can get to it.
On Saturday there was more rain Allen, the boys and myself piled into the new truck with its new dent (more on that later) and headed to the feed store in Jackson. I bought radish seed, broccoli seed, 10# of red potatoes, 7.86# of yellow potatoes and a bottle of Neptune's harvest. Allen also bought 5# of a mix of clover for his food plot.
Today we are waiting on snow. It has rained most of the morning and according to the local weather snow is indeed on the way. I really hope a little bit sticks not only would the boys have a blast but I made a bet with the neighbor, Rusty, last night at his house while playing pool. If it snows and sticks Rusty has to make dinner for our families if it doesn't I have to make dinner for all. Any suggestions on what to fix for 9 people.

1 comment:

Madeline Rains said...

Let it snow! Dinner for nine?! Yikes. I'm so excited for you that you get such intelligent, mature interns, so soon. : )